The Corporation de développement économique de Sutton
The Corporation de développement économique de Sutton (CDES) is a not-for-profit organization incorporated since 1985. Its headquarters are at 24-A Principale South in Sutton. The CDES promotes Sutton as a destination in several ways: its website, its Tourist Office, and through major annual promotional advertising such as skiing, outdoor and cycling shows, to name a few. The CDES unites members of different sectors: such as Lodging, Restaurants, Services and Retail, to do annual strategic planning. Joint planning is also done with the municipality and regional and provincial associations to promote long-term projects for our region. The CDES also helps many local organizations plan their events.
Board of Directors
Twelve (12) members from different sectors serve on the Board. They are elected at the Annual General Meeting for a two-year term :
- Lodgings (5 rooms and less): Lynda Graham, Gîte Vert-le-Mont, Treasurer
- Lodgings (6 rooms and more): Antoine Renaudet, Huttopia Canada Inc.
- Services & commercial business: Élyse Boulanger, Forté
- Restaurants: Elise Bourduas, Auberge Sutton Brouërie
- Attractions: Jean-Michel Ryan, Mont Sutton
- Attractions: Jeremy Fontana, Vélo Volant
- Arts & culture: Geneviève Hébert, Journal Le Tour
- All sectors: Michel Lafrance, Les Caprices de Victoria, Vice-President
- All sectors: Peter Stastny, Location Chalets Sutton, President
- Town of Sutton: Nathalie Bédard, councillor
- Town of Sutton: Kenneth Hill, councillor
- President ex-officio (non-voting): Julie Zeitlinger, Au Diable Vert
Who is a member of the CDES?
- All business owners who pay a non-residential tax to the Town of Sutton or their tenants are recognized as members (members A);
- Individuals or enterprises residing and/or operating in the territory of the Town of Sutton which has paid the annual membership set by the Board of Directors are members (members B);
- Individuals or enterprises residing and /or operating outside the territory of the Town of Sutton which has paid the annual membership set by the Board of Directors are members (members C).
Advantages of Being a Member of the CDES
- Display and distribution of your pamphlet and/or business card at Tourist Office;
- Display of posters/announcements of special events at Tourist Office;
- Listing of your contact information in the official web directory of CDES members: CommerceSutton.ca;
- Visibility of eligible members on the website SuttonTourism.ca;
- Preferred rates for joint advertising coordinated by the CDES;
- Included in the Sutton Tourist Guide and map – 10 000 copies annually distributed at ski shows, outdoor adventure shows, and cycling shows as well as in Tourist Offices in the Eastern Townships;
- Monthly newsletter.