The Corporation de développement économique de Sutton
The Corporation de développement économique de Sutton (CDES) is a not-for-profit organization incorporated since 1985. Its headquarters are at 24-A Principale South in Sutton. The CDES promotes Sutton as a destination in several ways: its website, its Tourist Office, and through major annual promotional advertising such as skiing, outdoor and cycling shows, to name a few. The CDES unites members of different sectors: such as Lodging, Restaurants, Services and Retail, to do annual strategic planning. Joint planning is also done with the municipality and regional and provincial associations to promote long-term projects for our region. The CDES also helps many local organizations plan their events.
[pl_section section=”massive” id=”mission”]
2019 Board of Directors
Twelve (12) members from different sectors serve on the Board. They are elected at the Annual General Meeting for a two-year term :
- Jeremy Fontana, ObservÉtoiles, President
- Nicolas Cavelier De Cuverville, Hôtel Horizon, Vice-President
- Marie-Soleil Labrie, Auberge Sutton Brouërie, Treasurer
- Henri Lamoureux, Art Libre et Arts et de Rêves
- Jean-Michel Ryan, Mont Sutton
- Elizabeth Sanderson, Le Havre Sutton
- Tomasz Bedkowski, Le Domaine Tomali-Maniatyn
- Dana Cooper, Fraîche
- Jacopo Emanueli, Snowjam Canada Inc.
- André Forest, councillor, Town of Sutton
- Vacant, councillor, Town of Sutton
- Élyse Boulanger, Forté, President ex-officio (non-voting)
Who is a member of the CDES?
- All business owners who pay a non-residential tax to the Town of Sutton or their tenants are recognized as members (members A);
- Individuals or enterprises residing and/or operating in the territory of the Town of Sutton which has paid the annual membership set by the Board of Directors are members (members B);
- Individuals or enterprises residing and /or operating outside the territory of the Town of Sutton which has paid the annual membership set by the Board of Directors are members (members C).
Advantages of Being a Member of the CDES
- Display and distribution of your pamphlet and/or business card at Tourist Office;
- Display of posters/announcements of special events at Tourist Office;
- Listing of your contact information in the official web directory of CDES members: CommerceSutton.ca;
- Visibility of eligible members on the website SuttonTourism.ca;
- Preferred rates for joint advertising coordinated by the CDES;
- Included in the Sutton Tourist Guide and map – 10 000 copies annually distributed at ski shows, outdoor adventure shows, and cycling shows as well as in Tourist Offices in the Eastern Townships;
- Monthly newsletter.