Tourist information attendant
IMMEDIATE SUPERIOR: Heidi Vanha, general coordinator
The tourist information attendant responds to visitors' requests. He/she welcomes, directs, informs, and advises visitors on activities, events, attractions, products, and commercial and tourism products. He/she is also in charge of the mobile reception in the village.
- Responds to visitors' requests and ensures that he/she has the necessary documentation;
- Keeps informed of municipal, commercial, and tourist activities, events, attractions, products, and services;
- Provides information on municipal, business, and tourism activities, events, attractions, products, and services through the various promotional tools at his/her disposal (in person, by phone, email, mail, social media, etc.);
- Maintain informational materials and literature inventories - for example, maintain restaurant, lodging, and membership lists;
- Check availability of accommodations during weekends and vacation periods;
- Help tourists plan their leisure activities, outings, and stays;
- Encourage extended stays and sightseeing;
- Collects payment from tourists on the sale of promotional and informational items or materials;
- For each visitor, take the necessary information for the daily compilation of statistics and enter the data into the system each day;
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the interior and exterior facilities;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be able to communicate in French and English
- Knowledge of the municipality, the immediate area, and tourist attractions
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Previous experience in the tourism industry is an asset.
If you are interested in this position, please send your resume and cover letter to email@example.com with " Tourist information attendant " in the subject line of your email.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted.